Thursday, February 19, 2015

Movie vs Book

Hey, my name is Xanthe; I am going to review the book compared to the movie. Today I will be focusing on The Mortal Instruments- City Of Bones. I loved the book so much and I am currently reading the second book, City Of Ashes. After finishing the first book I jumped on the computer and watched the movie... I was very disappointed with the movie because it missed so much like: Important information that makes parts of it make sense. I thought that the filming was amazing and the actors and actresses fitted well but it wasn't very well written. I was ecstatic when I heard they were re-creating it as a TV program, so i now have very high expectations about it.

About the book: As I read it, my heart couldn't stop pounding, from the time I started to the time I finished I was always on the edge of my seat. It was very well paced and had amazing detail. If there was one thing that could be improved about the book I would say the ending, it did end well but I feel like it finished much to early.

About the movie: When I was watching the movie I thought to myself that the people playing the parts did an amazing job at being the character they were meant to be, I also think that some of the senses they did were very well done; one of my favourites would have to have been the midnight greenhouse picnic with Jace and Clary. That was well shot and well acted, they were able to take the mood from in the book and put on a screen so i congratulate them. But, I could always point out something wrong with it, Either it was missing some important dialogue or an entire scene. This for me is the reason why the movie was one of the worst adaptations of a book I have ever seen.

All in all I think that is was an amazing book but a pretty average movie. There will be more of these including books like: Divergent, The Hunger Games, The Fault In Our Stars, and The Maze Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment