Thursday, March 19, 2015

After The End

Phillip is always in and I cant breath without the nubs. I need help getting out of bed in the morning and doing normal, everyday activities. Life is harder than I thought, the cancer has come back fighting and its brought an army with it fill of sickness and depression. Somedays I wish I never had to wake up in the morning and face the day ahead. I don't attend the support group now and I think that they think Im dead... which doesn't bother me.

8 weeks after coming home I wake up in the middle of the night gaging. Mum runs to my aid and tries to help, I feel myself falling out of consciousness. My brain goes hay-wire and my vision turns blurry. I hear my Mum screaming out my name calling calling for Dad to get an ambulance, but by the time Dad has them on the phone my body has gone limp.

There is no life in my body anymore, only my brain still just alive. I can feel my memories of when I was young flashing like a slideshow at a birthday party. When people told me that as you die your life flashes before your eyes I didn't know they meant like this, it is both wonderful and sad at the same time. I see what my kids might of looked like and what I was going to become... all I hear as my brain finally shuts down is my Mum whispering in my ear "I love you baby, we both do, so does Gus and don't worry you will see him soon enough... Goodnight baby. Forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment