Thursday, March 19, 2015

Cave bear has no bite!

Hmmm, is it fair to write a review of a book you haven't finished reading? Probably not, but one doesn't have to finish eating a Big Mac to know it's not worth finishing.

Jean M. Auel's Clan of the cave bear is a book I've always wanted to have a go at. However, after 100 pages I knew it was a book that was destined to gather dust on my bedside table. I have to admit that the setting is perhaps half to blame. Cavemen grunting at one another failed to grab me, however it was the predictable plot that really edged this mammoth towards extinction.

The books failure to grab me probably says more about me then the quality of the writing. Luckily for me I was able to take it back to the library and get something else. Let's hope that Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell can make it past the stone age for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment